Seeking a motivated individual who has experience in the glazing industry, working with customers in a variety of glass situations.
- Measuring critical dimensions
- Ability to repair/replace broken or failed glass in existing frames
- Ability to install shower doors & mirrors
- Ability to install replacement windows and doors
- Ability to cut glass
Some commercial glazing knowledge preferred
Manage and coordinate multiple residential jobs per day. Glazier shall be detail oriented and clearly be able to communicate with customers and fellow employees. Also very strong customer service skills to develop and enhance relationships with our valued customers.
This is a full time job. Sound Glass is signatory to Local 188. Compensation and benefits include a top pay scale in the industry, medical for the employee and family, pension and other union perks.
Sound Glass is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics. All resumes will be kept confidential and will not be shared.
on the job posting contact (253) 473-7477.
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact [email protected]
Only qualified applicants will be notified.
Sound Glass has been serving Puget Sound customers for over 37 years. The Company has over 80 employees which allow our sales approach to be full service. Our offerings to customers are vast and include dozens of vendors. Sound Glass is seeking a skilled motivated Estimator / Salesperson to join our team in Bremerton WA. Job includes working with contractors and the general public. Sales include windows, doors, plus glass and glass-related products and services. Customer service sets the bar at Sound Glass.
Compensation includes a base salary and commissions. Plus our full spectrum of Company Benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
- Mange and coordinate multiple estimates & jobs
- Develop and enhance customer relationships
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bids
- Provide consultation, coordination and assistance to our customers and staff.
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Gather first-hand information from job sites or other venues
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times, etc.
- Obtain and reviews offers and quotes from vendors and subcontractors
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons.
- Build relationships with key vendors
- Provide consultation on planning. (schedules, man power needs, etc.)
- Strong knowledge base of glass products and manufacturers
- Strong knowledge of local and national building and energy codes
- Proven experience as an Estimator / Salesperson
- Window & Door sales experience
- Glass Industry experience
- Read Architectural Drawings and Specifications
- Provide detailed estimates
- Knowledge of fabrication and installation procedures
- Strong written and communication skills
- Team player to work with an experienced staff
- Excellent organizational skills
It is Sound Glass’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law and the poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
For questions on the job posting contact (253) 473-7477.
If you need assistance or special accommodations during the application process, please contact [email protected].
Only qualified applicants will be notified.